If you are working out, trying to lose weight/put on muscle or just trying to be healthy one or more of these bad boys will help you out on your journey for sure. Now I am NOT a nutritionist, personal trainer or an expert on fitness but I have worked with some pretty amazing personal trainers and learned SO much from them. Between my knowledge from those experiences and my own personal research I think I have come up with a pretty good list. *NOTE* Everyones bodies react differently to different things so the best way to find what works for you is to try multiple things and see what you like best.
I would call myself a supplement connoisseur haha. I have tried A LOT of things and in my opinion these are the best I have found so far. If you use something you love and swear by let me know. I am always looking for things to add into my arsenal.
Q. Why are supplements so important?
A.They help with recovery, energy, fat loss and overall health. I can tell 100% when I am not taking one or the other supplements. These are my go too, every day…
Here are my favorite supplements. A couple of them I couldn’t include in my photo because I ran out and threw the packages away but I will be getting more today!
- Glutamine: This is a must if you are lifting weights… It helps build, repair and protect your bodies lean muscle tissue.
- BCAA: These help with recovery and help make sure you don’t lose muscle. Here is a really good article about why you should drink BCAAs. 3 MAIN REASONS YOU NEED TO DRINK BCAAs
- MACA: Helps boost mood, balance hormones, anxiety, memory and is an antioxidant booster.
- Protein Powder: This is my favorite protein powder of all time. It is what I drink almost every single day. You all know how nasty protein powders can be. I have been through my fair share and this one is so smooth and actually tasty! I mix it with my smoothies, pancakes and I make my protein ice cream with it. SO YUMMY!
- Chlorella: Super food. This is packed with protein, vitamins A, B2 &3, Iron, Magnesium and zinc.
- Ultimate Omega: Omega-3s are fatty acids found in fish oil. These essential fats include EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) and have been shown to support overall wellness, including heart, brain, joint, eye, and mood health.
- CLA: Cla helps Increased metabolic rate, enhanced muscle growth, lowers insulin resistance. It can also be found in a lot of dairy products! But if you don’t like dairy or have an allergy supplementing is always a way to get the benefits.
- Power Paks: I LOVE THESE! I have them at my house at all times. I start my day off with one of these bad boys and I feel like it helps with energy, and if you get headaches, these are a life saver. They are packed with electrolytes so it takes care of your head ache quick.
- Multi-Vitamin: I love this one because it is food based. Some people think its not a big deal, but I have taken a lot of vitamins and this one is easier on my belly and makes me feel awesome.